The Pantone Color of 2010 has been named, and the winner is...

turquoise!



I really think this should be called "Lagoon". I can smell salty air already...
I suppose, after 2009, people are enjoying color as a way to enhance moods, and this one does it.

Turquoise and brown have been big for a while - here is a Master Bedroom I consulted on four years ago, the walls are painted in Ralph Laurens Ionic Sky (discontinued, not sure why).  It was meant as an escape from a hectic life, and the owners LOVED this color I chose.



I really think Turquoise needs to be used with another bold hue if it is to look current.

My favorite is Green:


a tween bedroom by Sarah Richardson:



Another Kids Room (can't remember where I got this one - sorry):



Anthropologie has some amazing Textiles to get a hit of Turquoise and Green:




How about Hot Pink? 



Or with Yellow a la Johnathon Alder?



Turquoise and White are Cool and Clean:





Bring in some natural texture/color for warmth:







Turqouise and red boho from Anthropologie.  Imagine these in a white walled room with old wood floors:




Add these lights from Design within Reach:




Prefer more Glamour?  A Dining Room and Office from Muriel Brandolini:



Another Dining Room from Sarah Richardson:




Turquoise and gold wallpaper! How great would this be on a feature wall?  Again, Anthropologie - I admit it, I would like to move into their store...




Want more?  Get your turquoise fix from your wardrobe...
The classic, Tiffany, of course - loving Turquoise with gold:



Or just have some fun at the salon - let the blacks and greys go and look towards spring...



till next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top