Fresh out of school I moved to Whistler, BC, to pursue the illustrious career of "ski bum".
I had never been there before, but didn't let that stop me..
 I arrived with backback, stereo, ski equipment and about $600 to my name :)
all the essentials!

Some friends had saved me a spot in a gorgeous chalet,
 complete with hot tub on the mountain view deck and sauna.
Never mind the fact that I had to share a room.. 
or that there were eight of us living in one house - it was bliss. 
Every day you wake up and pinch yourself..
Winter brings the obvious activities to mind, but summer is incredible here, as well.
Several fresh water lakes are scattered throughout Whistler and "back in the day", before it had grown to what it is now, everyone was welcome in any and all of them.
It was a magical time, but eventually I returned to my roots and family, and here we are.

My husband did the same thing, and we missed each other by months, only to meet later in life.
We still dream of returning to the mountains, and that is the goal for retirement.



Mark Morriset never left.
A pro snowboarder, he lives in Whistler with hie family.
I have spent many a minute pouring over his home.

khyber-ridge-residence-1.jpg


Everything is built into the granite here, so you can toss the stair master..


khyber-ridge-residence-4.jpg


How's this for an entry? I'd say the wow factor is present..


khyber-ridge-residence-8.jpg

khyber-ridge-residence-16.jpg


Outdoor pursuits come first here, and every entry has a variation of a ski locker..
how about the plexi wall? Clever..


khyber-ridge-residence-10.jpg

khyber ridge residence 9 Khyber Ridge Residence by Studio NminusOne


There's nothing to say, this explains it all..


khyber-ridge-residence-13.jpg


Nature provides all the decoration you need..


khyber-ridge-residence-3.jpg

khyber ridge residence 6 Khyber Ridge Residence by Studio NminusOne

khyber-ridge-residence-7.jpg

khyber-ridge-residence-11.jpg


Gorgeous!


khyber-ridge-residence-12.jpg


the perfect spot to soak after a long boarding or biking session..


khyber-ridge-residence-15.jpg


or relax by the fire, note the snow-
 Whistler gets an average of 33 feet of snow on the peak of the mountain!
 The valley isn't quite so extreme, but bring a shovel :)


khyber-ridge-residence-14.jpg

Never mind San Francisco,
I left my heart in Whistler -x

til next time..


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top