The eighties were a bad time, fashion wise :)
I know there's a wee bit of a revival going on,
but I've got to tell you, I was there, and it wasn't pretty!

In grade eight I wore candy floss pink and mint green almost exclusively.
It made getting ready in the morning simple,
but immersing yourself in a certain color so completely requires a long break later -
turquoise is headed in this direction for many.

After a prolonged absence from popularity,
mint green is looking fresh again.

It started with the iconic Domino book cover.
I almost used mint green in my own bedroom after being entranced
 by the spectacular Portobello chinoiserie by DeGournay
(I am re-thinking this... to be continued!)






Mint green started popping up on the fashion front...

the soft version






or the way I like it :)



1 2 3



People tend to think of pastels as girly,
and paired with white they definitely exude feminine charm...



1 2  3 4 



but grounded with blacks, dark greys or browns,
mint green is sophisticated, and slightly moody.



1 2 3 



Trendwise, as we move from bright color and glossy finishes toward more organic based palettes,
I think pastels will be creeping in more and more.

What do you think?
Are you ready to re-visit mint green?



1 2 3 4






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top