So recently some people were over for dinner.

We're still in the getting-to-know-you stage,
and so we were on our best behaviour :)







When they came in, and beverages had been made,
we all settled into the living room.






And then it happened. 

Drinks on the coffee and end tables, sans coasters.

Now, if cold drinks sweat and hot drinks leave rings,
why do people refuse to use coasters?






I keep them here and there around the room, 
everywhere a drink was sat, a coaster rested nearby.

If I am at someone's home, and they have coasters I always use them,
a result of a Mum who never had a huge budget, but always had a beautiful home,
and insisted we respect the furniture that she had pulled together..






So I sat. 
Pondering exactly how type-a I am,
watching water linger in puddles on my favourite end tables.!







We're about to embark on the process of a major shuffle on the homefront,
and this room is going to be re-purposed.







The side tables will be moved to another room, and the coffee table re-thought....

and the next tables I buy may be glass.!








1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top